i Use and Thoroughly Endorse this Program!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Deciphering Your Twitter Activity

I have a love hate with Twitter. Actually more of a mild sense of goodwill versus mutterings about how pointless and banal it all is!

Yet I accept the need to embrace and ADAPT in order to weave this ubiquitous social medium into my life. And there is no doubt that we haven't scratched the surface regarding how you can leverage the likes of twitter to achieve any number of great tasks.


This is a quick post: If you have more than 50 or so followers on Twitter you might want to check out the application below called TWITIN-Yes I know! How many more variations of the tweet word can they come up with?


It's pretty self-explanatory. you input your Twitter name and you can check out who's following you back, and who isn't! How many are actual fans-ie interested in your commentary and advice on how to better position yourself within the organization. I'm not a big fan of trying to chase lots of people to try and build volume-it's almost a request to get spammed, but you do have the facility to niche target your area of interest. E.G those who Tweet specifically about: sport. politics, Celebrities (why!!!?) or marketing or about their city. 


to me this is a more engaging audience to hook up to and whilst many won't play the game of You follow me and I'll follow you, that's not an issue anyway until you reach 2000 people you follow. Confused? Don't be. By the time you're following that many you'll understand the game-suffice to say that once you reach that number you need to have at least a 90% Following you ratio-otherwise you can't follow more than 2001 people! Funnily enough life will still go on!!


They also have a pretty neat twitter badge which I've added to my Blogs as you can see on the side.

Keep in touch-and contact me if I can be of some value to you-Cheers Kiaran 











No comments:

Post a Comment