i Use and Thoroughly Endorse this Program!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Blogging

Perhaps you're on Facebook, Twitter or My Space sharing your thoughts about your area of interest and finding that people are just tuning you out. It's debateable if the above social media networks are the ideal forum for niche blogging.


I may be interested to learn that one of my network associates/friends has started a new business, but its unlikely I want to read 10 posts a day telling the world how great it is, which is really just spam disguised as banter. An occasional mention and link to a blog however is a different story.


When I have time to idle and browse i may be inclined to pop over to John's Blog and read his thoughts on Thai cooking or motorcycle maintenance. Alternatively I may pop over from time to time to see how Jenny's book publishing endeavors are progressing. It's not that I am not interested in what my connections are up to, it's just that I don't have time to engage incessantly and as we become more and more interconnected there is less time to 'waste'. 


If you have more than 100 Facebook or Twitter connections then you may need to be selective. I feel guilty 'hiding' comments from some of the above but it is a necessary evil.

A Blog can be as simple as a ramble about some topic of interest or an in depth article. It's free to post and remains in the digital sphere indefinitely. Over time like minded people will start tuning into your Blogs and engaging. Initially it may feel isolating as there is no sense of anyone actually participating, and you're unsure if anyone's actually reading your Blogs, but patience is rewarded.


It's very easy to get to page 1 on Google for a Blog as simple as this. What that means is that you will attract far more page views over time than you can possibly imagine. A Facebook comment may have an immediate acknowledgment but a blog may be viewed thousands of times.


So I encourage you to set up a Blog-this is on the Blogspot platform and incredibly easy to use, and don't worry if anyone's interested, you'll probably surprise yourself with some of the content you consign to paper and over time niche communities will develop accordingly around you.

I appreciate any feedback unless it's nasty! If any of this material engages you then I would welcome you to RSS or connect on Twitter or Facebook. Hope your day is progressing as you'd like

Cheers Kiaran



No comments:

Post a Comment